May 24, 2021
To all Referees, Coaches and parents:
I had a conversation with the state assignor on Friday. He asked me to reach out to my distribution list of coaches and refs and share the following as he has noted issues and concerns throughout games statewide:
1. Referees shall collect and keep a CJSA State-approved roster for every match they officiate. The roster will demonstrate the player's names, shirt numbers, and player pictures. This is the standard roster generated by the Stack sports platform. Referees shall check players in and validate player eligibility using the state-approved roster.
2. Referees will not keep player passes for ejected players or coaches. Referees shall report RED cards electronically through Central Assign (csrp.ctreferee.net ). The referee shall send an email to the SYRA ([email protected]) for all RED cards issued. The email should contain a picture of the two rosters submitted from the head coaches, and the player or coach clearly identified on the roster that received the RED card. The Referee shall not keep any player passes or pictures of player passes for any reason.
3. If you do get sick or test positive for COVID please let me know so I can take appropriate actions.
4. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the game in full uniform.
5. Refs, Coaches, Parents, and Players- please let everyone do their job during the game and not make inappropriate or uncalled-for comments to all parties involved. If issues persist feel free to reach out to me.
6 Thank you, thank you for covering all the games you are able to. The shortage of refs across the state is felt by all and we appreciate what you are doing. With your support, we can finish the season strong.
Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.