Please READ the following to assist you with Entry Level Training
"Laws of the Game 2019 - 2020"
In-House and Certified Refs and Coaches:
Attention current and new referees and Coaches!
Joe, Heather, and Brooke Iannone will be at that Prospect Firehouse on Monday, August 19 at 7:00 pm holding a Refereeing Clinic. Heather and Brooke will work with the Rec Refs and Joe will work with the Certified Refs and coaches about the New Laws of the Game. All new and returning Rec Refs should plan to attend, and PSC also recommends all Coaches and Certified Refs to attend.
Please inform PSC's Assignor (Heather Iannone - [email protected]) if you wish to become an in-house Rec Ref and also, once you become certified, please inform her also.
Becoming a Certified Ref:
Please note if you have problems accessing the CT referee website make sure you clear your history and go to https://www.ctreferee.net. Make sure you use the https.
Registration is open through the remainder of August and the required in-person sessions starting this weekend and will run through 9/8/19. US Soccer has revamped the entire grassroots referee process and the training is integrated within our process. Detailed instructions can be found at the following link;https://www.ctreferee.net/files/referee_instructions/new_referee_instructions_shw_july_2019.pdf with a quick summary of the process at the beginning:
Candidates for Referee Grassroots Training must be 13 years old as of registration date.
Preferred browsers are Internet Explorer and Edge.
The New Referee Training Process is a combination of an On-Line Training Course to be completed at your own pace and attendance of an in-person session of 5 hours. The registration for the online portion of Session #1 will start on approximately 8/10/2019 and be open through 8/31/2019 with the required in-person sessions starting approximately August 18th and ending on September 8th. Session #2 will begin on 1/15/2020 thru 3/31/2020 with the required in-person sessions starting the middle of February and running through April 5th. There will be at least one in-person session most weekends in various areas of the state. The following are the steps that must be completed sequentially:
1. Create a profile at https://www.ctreferee.net/referee_registration/.
2. Register and pay for the Connecticut portion of grassroots training, ($84.95), complete Safesport and background check if appropriate (18 or older).
3. Register, pay ($20), complete the online training (approximately 5.5 hours) at US Soccer, to which the link is included within the Connecticut Grassroots Training process. Download the course completion certificate from US Soccer to your computer.
4. Upload the US Soccer Grassroots completion certificate to the CT referee website to continue with the remaining training.
5. Register and attend one in class (in person) session (5 hours).
6. Once the instructor posts the attendance to the in class session and the link says completed, you can continue to the Grassroots test.
7. Receive 100% on the Grassroots test and you are certified and can begin officiating.
Send an e-mail to [email protected] to be informed when Grass Roots Training is opened.
Hopefully, 2020 recertification will open in the next few weeks.